Thursday 27 May 2010

Accompaniment

Ok, so sorry about the lack of entries recently, no Internet makes Ben go something something.....
Anyway, it's a big weekend coming up. The glorious Cheltenham Underground are putting on a weekend of live music and events titled 'Decent Days And Nights'. It will feature at number of venues across Cheltenham, so come along. It really is essential that you attend, it is the best thing that will happen in the town in your lifetime!! The first starts tonight at Slak, featuring poetry from AF Harrold, Byron Vincent and awesome music from Elliot Mason.
Anyway, so until the reviews come flooding in from all that, please kick back and enjoy a scrappy love poem I wrote about a year back for a competition my uni was running. I didn't win, clearly, but I still think I gave a fucking good effort. See what you think, and enjoy the poetry tonight and the glorious weekend, you lucky lucky people!!!!

Accompaniment

I loved you most on that morning last summer.

With the 10.30 sunlight shining through the blinds,

The soulful melody plays out from your stereo,

And we lie there not touching.

This seems perfect, too perfect,

Like one of those closing scenes in a TV drama.

This feeling creeps upon us,

So all we do is explore each others eyes.

But, you see, it’s not your face that brings me back there,

It’s the melody’s tender refrain that sets the scene.

A gentle accompaniment to such a dream,

Which still makes me smile, even when you can’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment